Tuesday, April 21, 2009

"I Like My Cooking On The Wild Side"


Gloria Kenmare Grant
"I Like My Cooking on the Wild Side," is written by Gloria Kenmare Grant, author of five mystery novels. Gloria grew up in the swamps just outside Mobile Alabama, in an area plentiful with wild life. Her family was rich in the ways of family, love and religion. But as most families in the 1940’s, they were poor in ways of finances. Wild meat was a family favorite; taught by a favorite Uncle to shoot, Gloria at an early age became an active hunter. Later Gloria lived in North Carolina and there she enjoyed Bear and Buffalo. Her love of the outdoors led her to bass fishing in the lakes of NC. Her Mama was always a great cook. She taught her girls to cook, nearly everything from the sea food of the Gulf to the things that lived in the swamps of Alabama.


Gloria Kenmare Grant's "I Like My Cooking On The Wild Side" is a book filled with recipes from alligator to wild boar. You will find bison to geese and seafood to plants. Learn about the animal and ways to ready it with marinades, and last how to cook it. There are also bits of wisdom and wits thrown though out the pages. Twelve years in the making, “I Like My Cooking On The Wild Side” is filled with recipes from all areas.
This Book is dedicated my Uncle Dirty Baby who put a rifle in my hands at the age of twelve. And to all the hunters in the world, and to my Mama and other ancestors who cooked most of the recipes in this book and to everyone who contributed to the gathering of these recipes. Check it out

http://www.lulu.com/content/5863439

No comments:

Post a Comment